by chinesusc

Course Related

Q1:How much does the tuition fee cost?
A1:Quarterly Program is NT$30,000 for one semester, and Evening Program is NT$20,000 for one semester (both are not including the text fee). The registration fee is NT$1,500. If you apply for the program via our cooperative agencies or you have already stayed in Taiwan (For example, foreign spouse who hold Dependents Visa or foreign nationals who work in Taiwan, etc.) and have paid the tuition fee in advance, then registration fee is no needed. Individual Course and Customize Chinese Program will depend on your needs. Please contact us for further information.
Q2:What kind of teaching materials you use in class?
A2:It depends. Quarterly Program uses ” Practical Audio-Visual Chinese” and Evening Program uses “Contemporary Chinese Courses.” Tutor or Other courses are adjusted according to their learning needs.
Q3:Do you teach Mandarin by Mandarin or English?
A3:Students are from countries around the world so not every student understands English. Therefore, we will teach by Mandarin which can help you to learn fast and more efficient.
Q4:Do we learn traditional or simplified character? Do we learn to read by Pinyin or Bopomofo(Zhuyin)?
A4:We basically will teach the traditional one by using the Pinyin. However, if you do want to learn simplified or Bopomofo(Zhuyin), please discuss with teacher since they are able to teach.
Q5:Do I need to take an exam?
A5:Yes! Periodical Exam is for teacher to track your learning process. There will be midterm and final.
Q6:Do you provide the Language exchange program?
A6:Yes! The Learning Partner is one of our features. We provide the exchange program and please check the LINK.
Q7:Except the class, do you have any special activity?
A7:Yes! Our Leaning partner club do hold the cultural activities and please check our Website.
Q8:Do you accept credit card?
A8:No. We only accept cash.
Q9:When is the deadline for registration ?
A9:One day before the class starts.
Q10:Is there any special discount?
A10:Present student’s fee is NTD$29,500 which is $500 less than new student.
Q11:How do I know which class I will attend?
A11:Expect for beginning class, we will arrange suitable class depend on the placement test on the first day. If you think the class does not suit you. Please let us know in the first week and we can change your class.
Q12:May I ask for refund?
A12:According to the regulations, 90% of tuition is refundable before the first day of the semester, 70% within two weeks, 60% within three weeks, and 50% within four weeks. There will be no refund after four weeks.

VISA Related

The following information is for your reference only. Please do double check with the ROC Embassy or check the information on the ROC Foreign Affair. If you have any question please call 0800-024-111

Q1:How to apply the visa?
A1:If you need a student visa, please provide all the documents that we need ➡️we send you an enroll certificate ➡️Use certificate to apply for a student visa in your country (ROC Embassy). ➡️Got student visa to enter Taiwan. Applicant should fill the form online. If you are going to our Center to learn Mandarin, please choose the Visitor Visa and the purpose is the Mandarin-learning (The code is FR). After you send your form, please print it out and go to the ROC Embassy you choose to submit the document.
Q2:How long can I stay in Taiwan?
A2:For learning Mandarin, you basically can get 60-90 days visa which is extendable. You can extend your visa twice which is up to 180 days. If your visa is non-extendable or your extension is rejected, please leave Taiwan before expired date and apply new visa again.
Q3:In case of that I have 30 days free-visa; can I directly apply the class without applying the visa?
A3:We do not recommend this way since the 30 days free-visa is not extendable. If your class is more than 30 days, you need to depart from Taiwan and apply your visa again. We are afraid that this might affect your class.
Q4:In case of that I have the 90 days free-visa; can I directly apply the class without applying the visa?
A4:It might be possible. However, you need to be cautious of the expiry date of your visa. If you want to study 2 semesters or more and you don’t want to depart after every 90 days, we believe applying the mandarin-learning visa is more suitable.
Q5:I want to study more than 3 semesters which means I will stay more than 180 days. Can I apply the visa without departure?
A5:Student who stays 120 days in Taiwan consecutively and has a good record of attendance and grade, and has paid the tuition fee to study for the third semester is allowed to apply for the Resident Visa. If your application is approved, you can have the Alien Resident Certificates (ARC). If you would like to cancel the class after receiving ARC, the tuition fee will be non-refundable.
Q6:My visa will expire a few days before the end of the course. Can I extend my visa to complete the course?
A6: If visa expiration date is not far from the last day of class, you can apply to Immigration Department for extending the period (usually no more than 10 days). However, it will be determined by the Immigration.
Q7:How to apply for studying Chinese residence visa?
A7:Having studied in Language Center for 4 months and have registered for the next course.

1. Certificate of Enrollment

2. Attendance record

3. Health Certificate

4. Bank Statement (about 80 thousand TW dollars)

5. Study plan

6. Visa Application Form (must fill in online in visa application system)

7. Two photos

8. Passport

9. Copy of the Passport

Take the documents above and apply in Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The application will take about 10 working days, and the visa application must be completed before the expiration date of your visa..

Q8:I am studying Mandarin in another language center now. Can I change my school?
A8:Yes, you have registered for the next course in our center.

1. The Certificate of Enrollment of the school you are studying now.

2. The Attendance record of the school you are studying now.

3. Certificate of Enrollment of our center.

4. Certificate of admission of our center.

5. Take the documents above and apply in Immigration.
Q9:Can I apply for a one-year course directly and use the one-year course certificate to apply for a visa?

We can only provide the application that is made each time by one period (usually 3 months, July-August summer course is 2 months) and applicants can apply for a 60-90 day study Mandarin visa. If you intend to study more than one period, please pay the tuition fees for the next semester during the registration fee payment period. Also, please use “Certificate of Enrollment and Attendance Record” to extend the visa period.

Q10:I have studied Mandarin for two years in Taiwan and want to continue the studying. Can I extend my study permit?
A10:If you want to continue, you can hold your school’s documents and re-apply for a residence permit for studying Mandarin. However, whether your visa is approved or not will depend on the Embassy.
Q11:I just quit my job and can I apply for a residence permit for studying Chinese in my residence permit for work in Taiwan?
A11:No, you need to have the certificate of admission and other document then go back to your country to apply the visa.
Q12:Can I work while holding a Mandarin language study permit?
A12:If you study Chinese for one year in Taiwan and hold a residence permit, you may apply for a part-time work permit. You can not work without a work permit.
Q13:If I want to bring my child to study Chinese in Taiwan, what visa should I apply?
A13:You can apply for the dependent visa.
Q14:May I apply for ARC and NHI Card once I registered course?
A14:No. You have to study consecutive 2 semesters first then you can apply ARC from the 3rd semester. You can apply NHI card after 6 months you received ARC.

Questions For Dormitory

Q1:Do you have dormitories?
A1:Yes, but the number is limited, please contact us in advance.
Q2:How much do you charge for the dormitory?
A2:Male Dorm *11 weeks NT $27,000
(4 students shared one room)
Female Dorm *11 weeks NT$9,900 NTD
(6 students shared one room)
The deposit is NT$500. After you returned the key, if there is no damage in the room, the deposit fee will be refunded.
Q3:How is the environment of the dormitory?
A3:Please contact us for further information.
Q4:When should I pay for the dormitory room fee?
A4:Chinese center’s learning partner will bring you to pay on the first day of semester starting.
Q5:May I arrive and stay earlier?
A5:Yes. Please let us know in advance and we will let you know the charge.
Q6:Where is the dorm?
A6: Male dorm→DEHUI DORM.
Female Dorm→Inside the Shih-Chien campus.
Q7:Is there mattress and pillow in the dorm?
A7:Due to hygiene reason, please prepare by yourself. However, it is possible to rent from our center and the charge is NTD1,000. Please contact us for details.
Q8:May I move out if I don’t want to stay in dormitory?
A8:Yes. Please contact us in advance and we will help you vacate dorms. However, there is no refund if you stayed more than 5 weeks.
Q9:Do you accept credit card for dormitory payment?
A9:No, we accept cash only.

Other Questions

Q1:Where is the center?
A1:The center address is: B-3F., No.70, Dazhi St., Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 104, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Or click on About me -> Center location, there will be more detailed route information.
Q2:May I apply scholarship?
A2:We don’t provide scholarship. If you need scholarship information please check the website. https://taiwanscholarship.moe.gov.tw/web/index.aspx

Related Questions (Chinese)


Q3: 請問上課使用中文還是英文上課?
A6:有的,學伴社團是本中心一大特色,我們提供語言交換,請點選首頁的學伴連結了解更多資訊! LINK.
A10:舊生的學費是29,500 NTD,比新生少了500元。


以下訊息僅供參考,建議您可以直接詢問鄰近的中華民國大使館(可至各駐外館處查詢),或是參考外交部領事事務局提供的資訊,或撥打外國人免費服務專線 0800-024-111。

A5:學生在台連續居住120天,期間沒有出境,成績和出席紀錄良好,並續讀第三期且已繳交學費,可以申請居留簽證(Resident Visa),申請後,將可取得居留證(ARC)。如取得居留證後欲取消課程報名,本中心恕不退費。

1. 在學證明

2. 出席紀錄

3. 健康檢查證明

4. 財力證明(約8萬元臺幣)

5. 研習計畫書

6. 簽證申請表(必須到線上簽證申請系統填寫)

7. 照片兩張

8. 護照正本

9. 護照影本



1. 原語言中心的在學證明

2. 原語言中心的出席紀錄

3. 本中心的在學證明

4. 本中心的入學許可信

5. 至移民署申請變更學校
1. 入學許可信
2. 其他簽證申請相關文件


A2:男生宿舍一期(11週)是27,000 NTD(四人房)
女生宿舍一期是(11週)9,900 NTD(六人房)
另外收500 NTD 的保證金,在您離宿歸還鑰匙時如果房間沒有損壞將退還給您。
A7:為了環境衛生,宿舍不提供。您必須自行準備床墊、枕頭跟被子,但是如果需要協助,華語中心提供一次性租借,一次是1,000 NTD,使用到您歸還為止。